robchel;503725 Wrote:
> Like others I've been collecting digital books for decades - and simply
> desire to enjoy access to my elibrary via MySN.com. I don't see this as
> incompatible with trying to change DRM and pricing, as those issues are
> best addressed through individual purchasing decisions.  The alternative
> is a bit like telling folks to stop listening to all the DRM music files
> they've bought.

What DRM'd audio content does a Squeezebox play?  How many non-Zune's
play Zune music?

Why did Walmart and others drop 'Plays for Sure' WMA and switch to mp3?
Why did iTMS remove DRM?

> BTW, you may download [for free] from those rascals at Audible.com;
> "FREE: The Future of a Radical Price" by Chris Anderson. Very
> interesting insights into the when/why/how of "free".

Not sure why I would download it when I can't hear it..  It won't play
on any of my systems.

Does it confuse the two definitions of 'free'?  'Free as in Freedom,
Not Free Beer' as the FSF says.  Sure seems to from the title... if he
can't get a basic premise of Free (as in Freedom) Software correct, his
conclusions will be as nonsensical as if he thought 'software' was a
reference to what 'Plushies' wear.

Again: why download something I can not listen to how I want, whether
it's on SB or for AudioBooks, my car stereo.  That is not freedom.

--
snarlydwarf