results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73698
Question: Is third party plugins/applets important for your Squeezebox
purchases ?

- I won't buy any more Squeezebox products unless support for third
  party development is prioritized
- I won't buy any more Squeezebox products unless the third party
  plugins I rely on is supported
- I use third party plugins but I would still consider buying more
  Squeezebox products without them
- I don't use third party plugins so they aren't important to my
  Squeezebox purchases

Like many others the 3rd party plugins have become near-vital to my
squeezeboxes. AlienBBC/BBC iPlayer allowed me to get rid of my tuner for
a start.

What differentiates the Squeezeboxes from Sonos is price, infrared
control and 3rd party plugins. I now have iPeng and have noticed the
Sonos street price lower than the Squeezebox Touch's RRP - that mainly
leaves 3rd party plugins as the differentiator. As I've not yet
completed my audio player purchasing, if the Sonos is as easy to use and
maintain as everybody says the loss of 3rd party support could trigger a
push to jump ship.

--
david_f1976

Living Room: SB3 -> Musical Fidelity X-DAC V3 -> Marantz PM-66SE -->
Tannoy Profile 631SE
Bedroom: Boom

Dave
www.last.fm/user/david_f1976