results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73698
Question: Is third party plugins/applets important for your Squeezebox
purchases ?

- I won't buy any more Squeezebox products unless support for third
  party development is prioritized
- I won't buy any more Squeezebox products unless the third party
  plugins I rely on is supported
- I use third party plugins but I would still consider buying more
  Squeezebox products without them
- I don't use third party plugins so they aren't important to my
  Squeezebox purchases

snarlydwarf;504401 Wrote:

> 3rd party fixes (someone is actually working on fixes to the Radio's
> alarm code) are also essential.

Yes, that thread in the developers forum is an example of something
that I'd like to see more of. A lot of credit to Ben for listening and
working together with third party developers with that issue.

snarlydwarf;504401 Wrote:

> What support is it that you need, that you feel is lacking?

I summarized my view in this post earlier in this thread:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=504121#post504121

The full discussion can be found in the link to a thread to the
Developers forum in the initial post of this thread.

In my opinion it's about getting the third party contributors feeling
that they are important and that they get to participate in the
development. I think the keyword here is "communication" which requires
man hours.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))