Rufus;505555 Wrote:
> My Boom uses the "Album Artist" field on my mp3s to sort the artists.
> How can I change it to use the "Artist" field instead?

What part of the application are you talking about?  Browse Artists,
Browse Albums?

If you are talking about Browse Artists, then all artists AND album
artists are displayed (setting "List compilation albums under each
artist") but you can prevent an explosion of single-song artists that
appear on compilation albums by changing this setting to "Group
compilation albums together".  The list can optionally show Bands,
Conductors and Composers.  Changing these settings does not require a
rescan.

If you are talking about Browse Albums (or browsing albums belonging to
a particular artist), then if there's an album artist, this is always
shown.  If there isn't an album artist for the album, it will show
either the artist(s) or the band (depending on a setting).
"List albums by all artists for that album" will show the list of
artists performing all songs on the album (often one artist).
"List albums by band" will show the band name, otherwise the artists.

It will always sort by the artist names that you see, so whether you
are seeing artists or album artists.

--
Philip Meyer