I'm way too tired right now to respond in full, but a few things may be
helpful. "TinySC" (or more appropriately now, TinySBS) is a regular SBS
that has web ui disabled via the way it is invoked on the Touch (simple
command line options, I believe). TinySBS is not a separate branch.

As for the wiki, it's not up to date, like most wikis. Frankly, I've
never gone for a nightly via the wiki. However, the 7.5.0 embedded
branch is quite apparent from what many (though I learn now, not all)
consider the usual source for nightlies:
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/

Also, there's quite a bit of context in 'the thread in which andyg
announced the embedded builds'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=71768), though you've
obviously seen that, and admittedly it gets a bit esoteric.

I don't know why it's called embedded. Like Michael said, it's just a
name. Possibly it's called embedded because by using SQLite it is more
capable of running (and running well) on smaller embedded systems such
as NASs than the main (MySQL-based) branch is. But that's just
speculation on my part.

I can understand you not wanting to venture into beta territory that is
even more unknown than usual. But if you choose not to follow the devs'
suggestion about which branch you should be testing, you shouldn't be
surprised if the branch you're testing is a lower priority, because that
effectively is what the devs are telling you. Cheers.

--
aubuti