MrSinatra;508241 Wrote:
> i don't want to further irritate andy/slim devs but as someone who
> follows the bugs and occassionally tests to see if they are indeed
> fixed, i find their current tracking system lacking.  bugs that are
> labeled as closed and resolved, etc... are in reality not for the SBS
> most people use, and won't be until the NEXT major release, and theres
> no way to reliably tell bug by bug which it should be, nor if indeed the
> fixes actually made it into the next major release.
I don't profess to understand fully the version control system that
Logitech uses, but I think there is some misinformation here. First, the
SBS that "most people use" is the release (currently 7.4.1), not the
betas. Second, as you yourself have read, andyg says that people running
beta should be testing 7.5-embedded, not the un-embedded version. Based
on andyg's statement I don't see the point of running un-embedded 7.5
unless you're one of the people for whom 7.5-embedded isn't working.

Also, in other posts you equate the embedded branch with TinySC and SB
Touch. This association is false. embedded not a codeword for TinySC,
and it is equally mistaken to call the un-embedded "full". The
distinction is mostly an issue of the backend database, not the device
that runs SBS.

I'm curious which examples you've seen of "embedded is getting all the
fixes first". I am *not* doubting you, because I know you follow the bug
status more closely than I. Could you give some examples? Are they
possibly bugs related mostly to SQLite?

Sorry for veering a bit off-topic.

--
aubuti