kphinney;506796 Wrote:

> Will Logitech develop the next evolved Transporter on their own?  If
> it's based on the Touch, I feel failure will be inevitable.  (I
> certainly don't was a touch screen next to my tube amp.)
>
> Assuming that Logitech would listen to the consumer willing to pay a
> few thousand dollars on a DS appliance, wouldn't it make sense to have a
> forum where the current users could give input?
>
> This reminds me; I began a thread devoted to the next generation TP
> here....
>
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69447

I just can't see Logitech making a Transporter II anymore. Slim Devices
might have gotten around to building one but they were bought out. I
have come to the opinion that Logitech is interested in high volume
production numbers for the consumer electronics market. Looks like they
want a unit just about anybody that can set up a home network can
handle. And the Touch goes one step further in that it can be hooked
directly to a Stereo with music on a USB Drive while running TinySC and
not need a network or server. And the Touch makes a very good digital
transport, the Touch bridges most of the wide gap that used to be
between the TP and SB3.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope
2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom