usch;511267 Wrote:
> Video capability might not make the players more expensive, but the
> price for it would be even less development resources for the core
> components audio, SBS, and MySB. I'd rather have the known bugs fixed
> before they start implementing yet another feature.
>

> I know that I must be a rare species, but I don't watch video at all.
> My music library has nearly 20,000 tracks (and still counting while I am
> ripping my CDs), but I don't own a single movie on DVD.
>
> For your amusement: I only noticed that all analog TV transmitters had
> been turned off when I read it in the newspaper. I was like "really?",
> turned on my TV set, saw that I saw nothing, and turned it off again.
> That was in 2005 if I recall right, and I haven't bothered to get a
> digital receiver up to now.
>
> So yes, for me video would be nothing more than a useless gimmick.

A man (or woman) after my own heart. Video, be it TV or films have
never managed to immerse me as music does. I watch films/TV but have no
desire to watch the same thing again even if I did think it was quite
good. Music on the other hand I could listen to again and again and
often do.

I have a video streamer and it's connected and it works (server runs on
same computer as SBS), but bought it for the novelty factor more than
anything. Rarely gets turned on to be honest.

But then again, I'm really old so what do I know?

Gerry.

--
Gerry123