snow;511847 Wrote:
> I've now got spotify up running under windows 7 and got it to stream to
> my SB3 with dsbridge. My problem is that it every 3-40seconds stop and
> starts buffering. The spotify-streams are 320kbps CBR, MP3 Internet
> Radio.

And Spotify works ok (no audio interrupts) when streamed through your
computer speakers? That is, when DSbridge+SBS is not running?

If Spotify is ok, then one thing you could try is to give priority to
background tasks. This you do on XP (IIRC) in Control Panel > System >
Performance > Advanced, and on Win 7 Control Panel > System > Advanced
System Settings > Performance > Settings > ADvanced.

Are you on a laptop? Maybe disabling the ACPI (battery controller)
could help. This you do in the Device Manager.

BTW, IIUC, the 320 kbps is what DSBridge on-the-fly-converts to and
sends to your SBS. If you have the free Spotify, you "only" get you
something like 168 kbps, I think. So, even though SBS reports 320 kbps,
this is a 168 kbps stream converted to wav and then to a 320 kbps
stream, thus it can never have higher quality then 168 kbps (but I think
that's acceptable).

--
OppfinnarJocke

// OppfinnarJocke
SqueezeBox Duet, Controller FW 7.4.1 r7915, Player FW 65
I mainly use my Duet for internet radio via MySqueezeBox.com
but also Spotify via chp's DSBridge (http://tinyurl.com/DSBridge)