Rick B.;513650 Wrote:
> Hi, Frank. It worked fine, but I can't figure out why some albums that I
> ripped long ago have recent file dates on the songs. The folder dates
> are corect but the song dates are not.
>
> I guess you are using the dates on the songs for your filter? From my
> perspective, it would be better to use the folder date rather than the
> individual song dates. Not sure if that works for others if they don't
> store their songs in album folders. Perhaps you could add a tickbox for
> using Song or Folder dates for the filter?
>
> Thanks for this.

Thx for the feedback. ACC performs a database query and uses the
timestamp track column to filter by creation date. The timestamp field
is also used by SBS for the New songs menu.

For ACC to filter by folder date ACC would have to traverse the
complete folder structure and map the folder dates to the actual tracks
in them which would increase the catalog generation time but most
importantly could become confusing since folder dates do not match the
dates in SBS.

The file dates are probably changed by tagging software which appears
to be the default setting for most of the software around. First thing I
do is change the configuration to not alter the file date when modifying
tags.

Frank

--
SilverRS8

Author of -'AlbumCatalogCreator' (http://acc.vanholt.nl)- for
SqueezeCenter '_' (http://www.badkamerpech.nl) SlimServer.
2xSB3, 1xDuet, 1xRadio, 1xiPhone iPeng, Ubuntu NAS + SBS