pfarrell;516844 Wrote:
> iPhone wrote:
> > I have a little over 187K tracks in FLAC (about 16890 CDs).
>
> Wow, that is huge.
>
> Way back when I was in an internet music company, we ripped 10,000 CDs
> and had a hard time finding more to rip. We ended up with about 40,000
> CDs, but that was very close to the total in print/for sale.
>
> What kinds of music are these? How do you manage the library?
>
> --
> Pat Farrell
> http://www.pfarrell.com/

I have been buying CDs since about 1983. I am kind of a Techno Junkie
so when CD Players came out, I had to have one.

A few years back a Used CD Store was going out of business and I bought
their remaining inventory because they had to be out of the space and
the owner was much older then me and didn't want to mess with moving
them or putting them on EBAY. So I bought them for pennies on the dollar
and sold the duplicate copies on EBAY. Took over a year to sell off all
the duplicate CDs. I used batch ripping to rip all the CDs the last time
I ripped them at 200 CDs per run.

As for music, I listen to just about everything but Rap Hip-Hop. As for
managing, I keep it simple with my file ripping structure and let
SqueezeboxServer do the rest. I guess since I enjoy and listen to so
music I also kind of keep track in my head of what I have. Over the
years I have only bought about 5 CDs that I forgot I already had. It has
been much easier since Squeezebox. It keeps it organized in alphabetical
order and when I am buying CDs I just open Squeeze Mobile on my iPhone
and check to see if I already have the CD or not.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope
2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom