maggior;518370 Wrote:
> Wow, not much love for Squeezebox in that discussion!  One guy posted he
> likes SB and had his post knocked down to a -11 rating.  Don your flame
> retardant clothing if you plan on posting a repsonse.
>
> I don't understand this notion that the SB products are for geeks.  I
> keep reading this when I see comparisons with Sonos.  Is the setup of a
> SB system really that hard?  When did flexability become a bad thing?
> You can make it as hard as you want (add plugins, use Linux, etc.), but
> it really isn't that bad.
>
> Perhaps setting up a SB system is not as easy as plugging in your
> toaster, but is it much harder than programming your microwave?  Most
> people seem to figure that out.  My brother, a certified non-geek, set
> up a Duet with no trouble whatsoever.  I don't understand...

I fully agree. Before taking the plunge with a boom last December, and
a duet in January, I spent a lot of time on these and other forums in an
attempt to make an informed decision.
There is an awful lot of discussion out there about how Sonos works
straight out of the box, whereas the squeezebox takes some tweaking/is
more tempremental etc etc.
Eventually I took the plunge and went down the squeezebox route,
but I'm ashamed to say the decision was heavily influenced by the price.
If money was no object, I would probably have bought the Sonos.
I am now utterly addicted to playing music!! Setup was a breeze,
and I'm no geek.Everything does what it's meant to do,the sound is
awesome,and best of all there's loads of free advice on these forums if
needed.
I guess what I'm trying to say is perhaps we should focus more on
just how good this system is.
Trev

--
gruntwolla