maggior;518370 Wrote:
> I don't understand this notion that the SB products are for geeks.  I
> keep reading this when I see comparisons with Sonos.  Is the setup of a
> SB system really that hard?

Once a reputation for a product or company is set in the market it can
be  difficult (though not impossible) for people to change their minds.

I'm in my late 50s and still remember the reputations for reliability
and ease-of-use that particular products had 30 and 40 years ago. Over
the years some of those products (if they still exist) have gotten
better and others worse, but I still have to make a conscious effort to
get past my original impression.

The original SliMP3 came from the geek side of things almost a decade
ago and the product has always involved installing server software,
configuring a few ports, messing with routers and so on. Nothing
particularly hard once you've done it, but it can have the potential to
look intimidating. In any case, it is still more than "remove from box,
plug in and press the play button."

So I believe SB suffers a bit more from reputation than reality. I'm
sure Logitech would like that reputation to evolve in the coming years.

--
mlsstl