mlsstl;522286 Wrote:
> Once a reputation for a product or company is set in the market it can
> be  difficult (though not impossible) for people to change their minds.
>

> I'm in my late 50s and still remember the reputations for reliability
> and ease-of-use that particular products had 30 and 40 years ago.
>
> I still have to make a conscious effort to get past my original
> impression.

I guess it is coming with age. :-)
I've overstepped 40 some years ago and getting the same habits
but when I look on my youngsters - they do not care about reliability
when one gadget is broken – they just buy another one ... and it is a
market behavior now.
My father in law has electric shaver – made out of pure still, more
than 30 years old and still working well – just had to buy him another
set of blades (they still produced !!!).
I had to change already two trimmers – both were just broken after few
years and usually when the guaranty is gone – the same was with the
mobile (no name of the vendor, sorry)
And what? – buy a new one.
If SB will be working out of the box – they will buy it and listen
services – this is for sure
It just need to be a cool gadget !
And Logitech knows how to make it
----
Hi Phil Leigh,
No need to explain, at least to me – I am also in the product launch
area ;-) fortunately or unfortunately know how it works ;-)

.

--
AndreE

Duet: 2 Controllers and 4 Receivers
Plan: +2 Receivers and + 1 Controller [quite positive after move to
7.4.1 and later to 7.4.2]

Linux Intel Atom 330 based Server - [not completely configured yet]
wired Ethernet to 1Gb Switch, than Router via DSL to the net...
no WiFi at all