Wow, I'm not seeing that at all. I just compared loading album pages
(large artwork sorted Artist/year/album) between 7.4.2 and
7.5.0-embedded and the load times are almost identical. Say around 9-10
seconds for 50-70 albums. I installed the latest nightly (r30366), did a
clear and rescan, and then hit different parts of the alpha index on the
albums page, and get the same results.

The 7.5e is running in a VM on the same box as 7.4.2, so it's not a
perfectly fair comparison. Two differences that come to mind are

(1) the VM only has 400MB RAM vs. 1.6GB for the host, though the VM
doesn't appear to be swapping at all

(2) the VM mounts the music library via CIFS, whereas the host (7.4.2)
accesses the library directly. But if it's caching in the db that's
improved, I wouldn't think that the CIFS delay would matter.

Are these platform differences likely explanations, or is there some
other reason anyone can think of why I'm not seeing the speed increase.
The album art is mostly cover.jpg, usually betwenn 300x300 and 500x500.

--
aubuti