Thanks for the helpful comments guys.

Phil Leigh;529385 Wrote:
> Option 2 (coax) or 3 - NOT 1

Yes, I guess you're right. Now that I think about it, using a splitter
would half the power of the signal, negatively impacting the sound.

iPhone;529388 Wrote:
> Buy a Touch or SB Receiver, just kidding but that would work and not be
> an SB3. ;=}

SB Receiver sounded like something that shouldn't be that expensive, so
I just checked how much it costs. Ouch.

> Are we talking about 16 feet (~5M) separation? I have no trouble using a
> Toslink or Coax over that distance especially if the second receiver has
> its own DAC. Also there would be no Sync issues as both receivers would
> be playing the same exact input material.

The distance may be even shorter than 5M.

Both receivers have their own DAC's, but I'm sure the SB3 DAC is
better. Now, wouldn't there be latency issues if one receiver gets an
analog signal and the other gets digital signal that still needs to be
converted?

> The drawback here is actually not being able to play different SBS
> streams on these two receivers, it will always be the same music.

This isn't likely to pose a problem.

> Using the first Receiver's tape out to feed the second Receiver would
> also not be one of my choices.

The main reason I was considering this is to have both receivers use
the SB3 DAC. However, having the sound pass through another receiver
and then though a relatively long cable should probably negate the
benefit of the better DAC.

I think I'll start with option #2. If I bump into latency issues I'll
try option #3.

--
orenb