No hostility intended. Snarly's response captures my thoughts.

You realize that the device you are holding with a death grip is little
more than a proof-of-concept prototype that was developed by a seat of
the pants, under-financed start-up. The DACs and other components have
in stages been seriously upgraded and enhanced, the firmware
significantly improved, the capabilities expanded immeasurably. You're
using current server versions, you get that, but you're passing the
sound through two cans connected by a length of string.

You'll enjoy any current product you buy and will find them to be
(almost) trouble-free. Mine have been trouble free, but I understand
everyone has a different setup and different experiences. It's nothing
to have concern about, and that is coming from someone (me) who is not
a techie person.

I've seen guys out surfing who pass on most waves and just keep waiting
for the perfect wave. It never comes.

--
Goodsounds