I think I solved the issue with version 3.3 as mentioned above. After
trying to query de database with another client (HeidiSQL) and putting
in the query string as produced by v3.3 from the log-file I got the
following errormessage:'SQL Error (3): Error writing file  (Errcode:
28)'. With Google I found out that it had something to do with the
temporary storage directory on the server. In my case (Synology DS107+)
this was /tmp, mapped to some RAM-disk which was 64MB in size. I moved
this space to some place on the harddisk by adding a line in 'my.tt'
and 'my.cnf' pointing tmpdir to /opt/tmp/mysql. This directory was
given all access rights by chmod 777. After a reboot of the server I
first tried the HeidiSQL client which produced no error anymore. After
that I tried ACC v3.3 et voila I got myself a nice catalog!

Probably it's enough to change only the 'my.tt' file. I will test this
somewhere this week and post the result.

Regards, Rene

--
arubaluba