fphredd;540152 Wrote:
> You're right about opening in Notepad, the hyphens are there, but in
> Excel I can't get it to put hyphens instead of slashes, even when I try
> to 'tell' Excel to treat columns as text (unless I'm doing that
> wrong...Using the final import screen with bullets in the upper
> right)...
>
> Thanks.

Try the following (this is more of an excel issue):
1. rename the .csv extension to .txt
2. open the file in Excel and now an automatic iport wizard wil appear
3. Define the columns to be of type 'text' in the wizard (not after)

That should do the trick.

--
SilverRS8

Author of -'AlbumCatalogCreator' (http://acc.vanholt.nl)- for
Squeezebox'_' (http://www.badkamerpech.nl)Server .
1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xDuet, 1xRadio, 1xiPhone iPeng, Ubuntu NAS + SBS