I am using a d-link DIR-655 as a router/wlan Access Point.

I am living in an old house which I have renovated and redone the
wiring. I began with the livingroom and unfortunately back then I
didn't think of putting a LAN cable there :-(

Anyway when I bought my Duet I suddenly needed an Access Point. Did a
bit of research and bought the DIR-655.
It works fine and I have signal everywhere in the house.

And now to the point....
Normally with all my electronics I would load new firmware without any
second thought. But my router has become the exception.
When I searched for firmware I found threads after threads about all
sorts of problems, so in the end I left it untouched as it works as it
is.

But looking at the various forums I found that the same applies to all
(?) the other brands.
For now I am happy but fearing the day wen my router stops working. At
the moment it looks to me that a router supported by Tomat and dd-wrt
are the way forward. Then you have that option if the original firmware
is bad.

--
slate

Main: Duet -> Beresford Caiman -> Carver A-500x -> B&W 704
Office: Duet -> Technics SU-V50 -> Stax SR84 Pro
Server: Zotac IONITX-A, 4 GB, 1 TB WD EADS, Win7 w. 7.6 (SQLite)