erland;566383 Wrote:
> 2.  How do you usually find new music you like to get but currently
> don't have in your library ?

This is almost irrelevant, as it's not working as well as I'd like.
Mostly I listen to Internet Radio streams and try to take note of
interesting artists. My PlayLog plugin sometimes helps, as it logs info
about every song I hear on Napster, Pandora, and traditional
shoutcast-style streams, but PlayLog needs something like a manual
flagging feature I could easily use while something is playing to
"bookmark" or "tag" it. Even then, I'm sure there's lots of great music
out there that I'm not finding. Last.fm sounds promising, but I don't
like the privacy implications (or what I expect the privacy
implications to be).

> 4. How would you like to find new music you like to buy/get in the
> future ?

I wish I knew.

I think some cloud-based service for note-taking could be nice. Imagine
someone mentions a band or album online. Maybe it's in a blog, a tweet,
a web review. Maybe you're at a friend's house, using your netbook or
smartphone. It'd be great if you could just copy a phrase and paste it
into some website that somehow tied into SBS. Think of it as queueing
up phrases to feed to an SBS / music service search when you're back in
front of your Squeezebox. This might be a pretty natural feature to add
to MySqueezebox.com.

--
peterw

http://www.tux.org/~peterw/