JJZolx;569706 Wrote:
> What a load of malarkey.  Wishful thinking, at best.
>
> There's a reason for the oddball (lack of) distribution.  We don't know
> what it is yet, but it's certainly not because they don't want resellers
> selling too many of them.  This is a mass produced $300 consumer
> product, for god's sake.  Not a limited edition collectible that you
> wouldn't want selling below MSRP.

Thats true.

But is it "only" logitech US and Logitech CA , they are known known to
do very strange things like not having receivers for 8 months straight
(all official explanations for that is twaddle) and they are "out" of
batteries, and in CA not selling batteries for the radio (like selling
cars wo tires) ?

In Eu it does not carry the "exclusive" moniker on the logitech sites,
and it is available trough other channels, and price competition seems
to be healthy , Eu seems well stocked our local logitech's still
beleives in the products they are fully stocked with -all products-,I
can still get receivers batteries and transporters (probably the last
ones but anyway) here .

I think the differences is in this . internally logitech seems weird,
looks like you have to order very large batches that is not
manufactured very often to fill your stock, this the demands that the
local logitech believes in the products and that they are going to sell
?
If you don't believe and don't order eneugh of them you don't have any
to sell ?
Logitech US seems to be in constant ave that these things sell at all
and are surprised when they run out of them, receivers and batteries
are good examples.

Can the "exclusive" ploy be a way to not run out of them,before the
next batch arrives, to save them from embarrassment again ;)

Logitech in some other places seems not to believe in the products at
all, the don't have much of them . In some cases that may be a wise
move the country must have good internet infrastructure to make for
example the radio viable.

What beats me is why they not come with all power plates for the PSU's,
then logitech's arround the world mostly Eu vs US could borrow stock
from each other in case they are out ? Do they think that much no ?

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 and assorted amps
SiriuS, Classe' Primare and Dynadio speakers, Contour 4 Contour Center,
and Contour 1.3SE for the rear ch. Rel Stadium 3 sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Miscellaneous use: Radio (with battery)
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this