Mnyb;569710 Wrote:
> Can the "exclusive" ploy be a way to not run out of them, before the
> next batch arrives, to save them from embarrassment again ;)

My guess is that you are spot on! This way Logitech can run out of
stock without having to admit it to the retailers and at the same time
perhaps preserve stock a bit longer. Better hurry out and buy now if
you want a Touch.

As for Amazon etc dumping the price. I really don't think Logitech
minds that. The gross price is set so that Logitech can cover hardware
and support and still have some profit. The more devices that are
pushed to the consumer the better for the business.

I think I have stated it before in another thread. But I think
Logitech's main problem in relation to the Squeezebox product line, is
that it is so different in comparison to most of their other product
lines. If they are unable to supply mouse X, they still have 10 other
mouse-models that are apealing to the same customers. Hence they don't
care too much about having enough stock and order product-runs in due
time. If the Touch and Receiver goes out of stock on the other hand,
they are pretty much out of business until new stock is produced. I
think management at some level has not realised that yet.

--
Muele

BR Mogens

2 Radios (1 battery), 2 Controllers, 2 Receivers, 1 Squeezeplay. Served
by an old 800 mhz IBM T21 Thinkpad (Yes I know most phones have more
cpu-power these days, but it gets the job done).