VirusKiller;592970 Wrote:
> I've had a number of crashes when using Spotify from within iPeng for
> iPad.  I've not got a reproducible case, but I'll sent back the crash
> dumps via the normal mechanism (assuming they are available).

Thanks. I'll have to have a look. Unfortunately the Spotify plugin
doesn't work for me right now, don't really know why. It doesn't log in
to the service.

> Also, there appears to be some kind of integration bug with Spotify.
> If I enter text in one of the search fields (e.g. "Search Tracks") and
> press the "magnifying glass" search icon on the same line, I get a list
> of previous searches rather than the initiation of a new search.  If I
> press "Search" from the iPad keyboard though, the appropriate search is
> initiated.
Hm. Again, I'll have to investigate.
The issue is probably related to the code iPeng is using for Spotify.
Spotify on 7.5.x has some trouble generating menus iPeng understands
(there is some legacy code in the "radios" processing - the Spotify
plugin shows up under Radios not "Apps" which makes handling things
correctly for iPeng hard).
All of this is fixed in SBS 7.6 beta so if you are brave you update to
that server version which will also give you the benefit of bigger
thumbnails in Spotify (the "Cover Wall" and the Album/Playlist view
will also work with Spotify).

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote and
*New: iPeng for iPad*, at penguinlovesmusic.com