bernt;593884 Wrote:

> Is this correct?
>
> 1. No wifi bridge? (It's useful but I can live without it)
> 2. No static ip? (I can use the router to set it but....)
> 3. No ir-blaster? (This is a showstoper)
>
> If it is, will it ever be implemented?

No one knows, Logitech no longer gives us any indications on what they
plan to do in the future. My guess is that Logitech won't do it, but
it's only a guess.

I'm not sure if the above mentioned features is limited by the hardware
or software, if it's the software (which I suspect) there is always the
possibility that some third party developer is interested in doing it.

Aren't there other solutions for IR blasters ?
Do you really need the Squeezebox to handle this ?

I can only talk for myself but I can honestly say that I would never
want to switch my Touch to the old Classic (which now mostly just acts
as a simple clock). Assuming you are running a local computer with SBS,
I think most people owning a Touch is pretty happy with how it works.
Sure, it has lost some features in comparison to the Classic but it has
also added better sound, a color screen and some other things. The
built-in server in the Touch doesn't work reliably for a lot of users,
so I personally don't consider that to be an added feature that should
affect the purchase decision.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))