jbuccino;596507 Wrote:
> But now I can't enter the server and password on the settings screen.
> Sigh.

When analyzing the problem I found a workaround!
First: it only happens with iOS4.2 (but we don't want to downgrade to
3.2 of course).
It also only happens when one activated the playback (that's why I
didn't spot the bug - I never entered the settings-screen after I
activated playback).

Anyway:  to enter username and password (or any other data on the
settings screen), please follow these steps:
- Exit SqueezePad
- Stop SqueezePad (Double tap the home button of the iPad, all running
Apps will be shown. Then a long press on SqueezePad, then a press on
the minus sign to stop it).
- Enter the iPad settings App, disable WiFi.
- Enter SqueezePad again. You will get the error that SqueezePad cannot
connect to the server. Ignore that and go straight to the settings
screen.
Input fields are unlocked now - so enter username and password.
- Exit SqueezePad, turn on WiFi again, reenter SqueezePad and see if it
is connecting now.

Yeah - I know: a very strange way indeed - but it's working and that is
what counts :)

--
bluegaspode

Big Screen for great Boxes available now at your AppStore: *'Squeezebox
+ iPad = SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com) *!
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)

Setup: 1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 2xSB-Radio
Server (7.5.1) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.