RichardH;610399 Wrote:
> I have got another newbie question.  I am up and running with SC on my
> droid x, and everything is great.  I have configured SqueezeCommander
> with the MAC address for my server, and WOL is working fine as it will
> power up my server if it is off.
>
> The question I have is can I turn off (or sleep) the server from
> SqueezeCommander?  If so, how.
>
> Edit:
>
> Just to clarify, I have server power control installed on my duet
> controller, and using that I can both turn off and restart my server
> running vortexbox.  With the squeezecommander I can turn on the server,
> but I don't know how to turn it off.  Maybe it doesn't have this
> capability?
>
> Richard

I let mine turn itself off - just set your hibernation settings to
something aggressive like 5 mins. Assuming you're using the machine
(including playing via SqueezeCenter) it'll stay awake and it'll turn
off when you're not. WOL then nudges it awake again when you want to
reconnect.

I missed which OS you're on, but another advantage under W7 is that
things like virus scanners, batch back-up operations etc. can wake up
the machine to do nightly checks at say 3am when you're pretty sure you
won't be doing anything else.

--
hunta