"erland" Wrote:
> I'm pretty sure dropping support in the server for everything based on
> the IP3K platform isn't an option.
My understanding is that "onebrowser" tries to unify the IP3K, web and
SP interfaces, so that the server code and plugins are easier to
maintain.

They'd really be crazy removing support for their older players, IMHO.
At least, it shouldn't happen as long as 'Michael still uses its
SliMP3'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=485630&postcount=9)...
;)

"Mnyb" Wrote:
> Touch is very capable just dump the *useless Tiny server* and use the
> cpu for other things and that platform can be enhanced for years to
> come.
What you find useless is indeed useful to a lot of people.
Most people I know IRL who bought a Touch weren't looking for its 24/96
audio playback or touch screen capabilities, but especially for its
embedded server capability.
I've also been told from some beta testers that the embedded server was
working really well lately.

> But the small and unpredictable audiophile market may not be their
> target these days.
I'm not confident we'll ever see something like a Transporter 2.
But, to be honest, the only things I'll really miss from my Transporter
whenever it'll die, given a Touch and a good DAC would probably sound
better, is its form factor and second screen (there's nothing like
these good old analog VUs on a VFD screen!).

--
sebp

'Last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/sebp)