JJZolx;614564 Wrote:
> My bet is none. We've reached the end of the line.

Do you have facts to back that up ?

Logitech SqueezeBox are selling well :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/electronics/322215011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_e_1_3_last
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/electronics/172633/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_e_2_3_last
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/electronics/172681/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_e_3_3_last

Those rankings have been fairly consistents over the last months. The
most amazing to me is the portable radio and boombox category, where
the Radio is competing effectively against $30 radios !

Second, if Logitech was not making money, and its products were not
successful, the competition would not try to emulate them :

http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/30/grace-digital-adds-color-displays-on-new-solo-touch-bravado-x/

Facts are : First, according to one of the largest US retailer,
Logitech products are selling well. Not as much as iPod, obviously, but
I don't think it's possible. Second, the SqueezeBox line is seen as
sufficiently successful and generating enough profit that competitors
are jumping in, not the sign of a dying market.

It's true that Logitech could decide to stop here, but the signs are
that Logitech is successful with the SqueezeBox line and will continue
to try to serve that market and sell more boxes. And, because of
competition raising the bar, this will mean new products.

Now, the communication and actions of the company may not be that
clear, but all big companies are like that. Logitech may make blunder
short term, but long term they can not ignore what the market is
telling them.

Jean

--
jean2