ericj;625538 Wrote:
> Thanks much in advance for any pointers,  google has not helped, and
> ideally, it would be great to get shairplay w/ Waveinput...
> Eric

Didn't need to do anything special.  When I start "perl shairport.pl" I
get the message like

Code:
--------------------

  listening...
  Established under name '00BB3928613E@ShairPort 6182 on pc-linux'

--------------------

If no 'listening' then I think avahi is not running.  Otherwise edit
hairtunes.c and set debug to 1 and rebuild.

hairtunes will stop each time you pause and after a restart start it'll
use a new port. After each restart - hairtunes uses a different port so
you'll get a new airplay destination - then menu on iDevice then gets
very long with lots of old entries for hairtunes. So I think you'll
need to rewrite some of hairtunes.c to have a practical player using
Waveinput.

--
bpa