howie.stone;625938 Wrote:

> Has anyone got any experience of/ recommendations for repeaters?

I use the Edimax 7416APN 'range extender'.  It has removable antennae,
so you might be able to add, I think, an external antenna if you wanted
to do so.  In the box are a couple of screws to wall mount it.  It has a
plastic case, and a separate plug-top PSU, so is quite lightweight.

It repeats a signal from a Linksys 'g' wireless AP.  I run a couple of
SBRs off it, in a very-solid-brick house where even the internal walls
are solid brick, so I needed a repeater.

I bought mine from Amazon but had to return it because it seemed to
overheat and the wireless would 'just stop'.  Amazon replaced it, and
the replacement has worked well.  There seem to be over 200 comments
about it on Amazon, so maybe there's some reading to do :)

regards
Atlantic

--
Atlantic