howie.stone;625938 Wrote:
> I should have mentioned that I use a British Telecom Infinity Router --
> I've heard it is one of the most powerful available in the UK. There is
> no point where I can hook on an antenna -- as far as I can see antennas
> need an slot to hook in coaxial cable. Shame that -- I had the idea of
> using an antenna myself.
>
> Has anyone got any experience of/ recommendations for repeaters?
>
> The Infinity router doues have plenty of ethernet sockets and a USB

I assume you don't plan on placing that repeater between the current
router and the garden if that means placing it outdoors. So the
repeater would also be located in your house.

If you can run ethernet cabling to the point in your house where you'd
place the repeater, then you'd be better off with another router
instead, configured as an access point and operating on a different
wireless channel. Get one where you can replace the antenna with a
higher gain unit, just in case you need it to reach the garden.

--
JJZolx