howie.stone;626339 Wrote:
> That's clear. Thanks.
>
> But how do I choose one? There are hundreds of these things! There
> doesn't seem to be any objective measure of their strength or their
> reliability.
>
> It would be great if someone who has had positive experiences would
> recommend one.

Something like this would work http://www.ebuyer.com/product/220595

The wireless "N" devices are faster and have better range than the "B"
or "G" ones and in particular look out for ones advertised as 300Mbps
rather than 150Mbps as these have 3 antenna rather than 2.

The routers with visible external antenna often allow those antenna to
be replaced with bigger perhaps directional antenna which might help if
your garden is very big but realistically if you can site the extender
at a window you shouldn't have range problems unless there are trees in
the way (leaves are great at soaking up wireless signals).

--
Jaicee