howie.stone;625927 Wrote:
> It would be so nice to be able to do this.
>
> The obvious answer -- ipeng and an ipod touch-- won't work because my
> wireless network isn't strong enough. That would have been ideal
> because ipod docs are easy to take outside.
>
> I could use ethernet to wire a link -- using the electricity circuit
> to transmit the signal. I've never tried it but it should work. But --
> there's no ethernet plug on the ipod or the ipad -- nor, as far as I
> can tell, on any android kit.
>
> The garden is about 80 feet from the wireless router.
>
> Help!!

An option that I use is to run Squeezeslave on my SBS server and
connect the soundcard output to an FM transmitter.  All you need in the
garden is a plain FM radio.  The sound quality isn't as good as with
wi-fi but that doesn't matter too much in the garden and I find I get a
very good range.

--
indifference_engine

1xRadio, 2xReceiver, 2xController, 1xSB3, 2xSqueezeSlave, SBS 7.5.3
Inventor of SqueezeIR applet for the Controller