ralphy;629521 Wrote:
> I've built two OSS static binaries for you to try.
>
> 1. squeezeslave-oss-static-lnx26-mipsel-1.0-251 - Same build options as
> the 1.0-225 just the latest code.
>
> 2. squeezeslave-oss-static-padev-lnx26-mipsel-1.0-251 - Latest code but
> uses the newer portaudio library but is only OSS no alsa support.
>
> Let me know if either works for you.
>
> 'squeezeslave-1.0-251-mipsel-lnx26.tar.gz'
> (http://squeezeslave.googlecode.com/files/squeezeslave-1.0-251-mipsel-lnx26.tar.gz)

The portaudio version did not detect any output devices however, the
squeezeslave-oss-static-lnx26-mipsel-1.0-251 works great! It does not
crash and was much better at switching streams without the digital
buzz.

Also, I found that using an option of "-p 5000" eliminated all of the
"digital" noise I heard when I switched radio stations.

I need to figure out how to make SqueezeSlave boot when the system
loads and make that script wait until the output devices have been
initialized.  However, if you want copies of the em8xxxoss.ko and
soundcore.ko binaries for the Hauppauge MediaMVP-HD (with Kernel
2.6.22.19-29-sigma), please let me know how to get them to you.

Thanks for your help!
Steve

--
sweiss