Kyle;635404 Wrote:
> It's my understanding that nothing will be stored higher than 256k. I
> think the limit at the base price is 10,000 songs, but I don't know how
> they count matched music.

According to the footnote 2 on Apple's announcement page page, the
limit is 25,000 uploaded songs plus any matched songs which doesn't
count towards the limit.
http://www.apple.com/icloud/features/

I think it's pretty safe to assume that they will transcode any
lossless tracks to 256k before they are uploaded. It's important to
realize that this is a solution mainly for portable devices and for
this usage 256k is enough for more or less all users. Transcoding
before upload also means that the upload times will be better, which
Apple probably prefers.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))