bluegaspode;635759 Wrote:
> Well - even that Apple could analyze all that on their own to provide me
> with better ads would bother me.
>
> They'd get a better network graph of people than Facebook right now
> just by uploading all contacts (well facebook does that to, but I hope
> only 2/3 of users allow facebook to import contacts *sigh*).
> AND knowing about all my music makes an even better social graph.
> AND my photos (that contain location and time data and could be
> analyzed with image recognition)

Like Google (search, gmail, docs, messaging), LastFM (music listened to
and friends), Facebook (messaging, images, contacts, relations, ...),
Microsoft(MSN, mail, search) and on top of this you can more or less
integrate all these sites since most of them in some way or another
allows you to link accounts so Facebook knows which Google account you
have.

Kind of feels like it's a bit late too late to start worrying about
these things, I've instead decided to only trust some companies and
hope they will realize we till go away if they do something that
indicates they can't be trusted. (Facebook is not on my "to be
completely trusted" list yet)

As long as the result only is that I get 50 advertisements which I'm
actually interested in instead of getting 1 that I'm interested in and
49 which I'm not interested in, it's not a major issue to me.

Yes, I realize that Apple is very well aware of the value of all this
information, but I honestly trust Apple to handle this with care at
least to the same level as Google and currently Google knows a lot more
about me than Apple does.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))