erland;635764 Wrote:
> Yes, I realize that Apple is very well aware of the value of all this
> information, but I honestly trust Apple to handle this with care at
> least to the same level as Google and currently Google knows a lot more
> about me than Apple does.

Since Google Calendar once sent a reply to an invitation I had sent to
a friend back an e-mail address I usually don't use and I definitely
told nobody about except Google (it was a Google Mail account), I don't
trust Google. Obviously they are joining information about me somewhere
in their system and acidentally or not they are sometimes leaking that
information to others.

The Google Buzz invitation thing that even revealed addresses and phone
numbers to people definitely not authorized and the records Google made
of communication in open WiFi networks (which was against the law even
in the US) are other extreme examples.

The problem is not so much malice but that the sheer existence of that
kind of information coupled with the fact that sometimes people, even
Google developers, are not aware of some cosequences an action might
have makes this quite problematic and me want to keep their information
about me as limited as possible.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote and
*New: iPeng for iPad*, at penguinlovesmusic.com