ralphy;637102 Wrote:
> I've been looking at the changes to the pa_callback, there's still a
> lock/unlock pair happening in the slimaudio_buffer_available function.
> I believe that the buffering also needs to be changed to use a
> ringbuffer implementation which doesn't require locks to access the
> buffer.
>
> As you're using the slimaudio_buffer_available in http_recv as well,
> that could be causing the last 10%.
>
> Another possibility is the decoder thread spinning too long for the
> slower CPU.
>
> Sorry it's all just suggestions and nothing concrete.

Oh yeah I see those mutexes now.  However when I get the stutter I see
the buffer underrun error, that makes me think it is not a pa_callback
issue but something upstream that is not filling the output_buffer fast
enough.

Occasionally I get a hardly perceptable dropout, yet there is no buffer
underrun or other error.  I think this might be the mutex blocking in
the pa_callback.

I increased those values for the http_recv yield loop, and it seems to
be pretty good now, definitely usable.  Now I'm going to focus on the
UI and try to get the volume knob working properly.

Thanks again for your help.

--
rpress