Hofstede;640446 Wrote:
> The only thing I ask for is an easy way to hide all references to
> Facebook and Twitter functionality. I am a programmer and I know it
> maybe problematic to do so but asking never hurts anyone.

By default, there is only a single place where Facebook and Twitter
functionality is mentioned and that is in the App Gallery. And this is
a menu you usually don't use at all. It's simply the place where I put
the setting you are asking for because it's also where Logitech puts it
for their Apps.

> You can guess what my reaction was when Steve Jobs announced that IOS 5
> will have more built in integration with Facebook and Twitter ..... :)

Only Twitter. And it makes things like this simply a bit easier.

But don't get it wrong: the big thing about this update, from a
technical standpoint is not the Twitter and Facebook clients. That's
some standard code for Twitter and an authorization screen and some
icons for facebook.

The big thing is being able to play content from a link and to detect
links in web sites (and Squeezebox content, with some limitations that
lie in their implementation all of this even works with Logitech's
facebook "App"), to be able to play these links, and to be able to
create links others can play to share stuff with them. Facebook and
Twitter (and E-Mail) are just ways to get the communication into iPeng
so you don't have to use "cut and paste" for links. Note to self: maybe
I should add a "play from clipboard" menu....

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote and
*New: iPeng for iPad*, at penguinlovesmusic.com