Hercules;647262 Wrote:
> Michael,
>
> I suppose I was expecting some sort of formal post saying something
> along the lines of:
> 1) 7.6 appears to have caused a lot of problems (which is not mentioned
> in the 7.6 release post);
> 2) it is being investigated as a matter of priority, and;
> 3) advising customers of any subsequent releases that fix it.
>
> As for my own problems, 7.6 seemed to break various different parts of
> my system. It seemed clear that something had gone wrong - these things
> happen - and that it simply needed fixing rather than scrutinising in
> detail on my part.  In view of that I would expect prompt and visible
> remediation. I arguably shouldn't have to hunt around for nightly
> builds. However, it's helpful that you mention that fact (thank you) so
> I shall experiment.
>
> Just to reiterate, and as I say above, I like the Squeeze ecosystem,
> and so wouldn't like this to be interpreted negatively. Also, the
> community and its support network is a great strength.

Hm. So if I browse to www.apple.com, do I see a notice that OSX Lion
will break some of my business critical applications, my remote access
to my company's intranet and the WiFi on an old MacBook Pro and that
people please should wait for OSX 10.7.1 which doesn't exist yet or
until my company's supplier updates their remote access product and
they implement it and until updates for my business critical apps are
out? No, strange, I had to find out about all of this myself... (and
luckily did in time)

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote and
*New: iPeng for iPad*, at penguinlovesmusic.com