truehl;645871 Wrote:
> Hi Ralphy and the rest!
>
> I'm planing to offer a "Stand Alone SqueezeSlave Player" in my
> SqueezePlug-Project. It seems that the Start-Script I use one the
> SqueezePlug-Server does not work on this Stand-Alone System without the
> Server. Changes I've made in the configuration doesn't seem to have any
> effect.
>
> I need Your help!!!
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Greetings,
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Create the file /etc/default/squeezeslave and add a line with a unique
mac address and another with the server hostname or ip address.
Ideally you need to get the mac address of the hardware your running
squeezeslave on and use that in place of the "random" mac I placed here
as an example.

# cat /etc/default/squeezeslave
SSMAC="00:10:99:98:97:09"
SBSHOST="sbs01"

The /etc/init.d/squeezeslave startup script uses these SSMAC and
SBSHOST values if they are set, otherwise the defaults set in the init
script
SSMAC="00:00:00:00:00:01"
SBSHOST="localhost"
are used.

--
ralphy

Ralphy

*4*-Classics, *2*-Booms, *12*-Squeezeslaves
'Squeezeslave' (http://code.google.com/p/squeezeslave/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezeslave&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.