gonzo255;640916 Wrote:
> Hi Ralphy,
> looks like a *nice* deadlock to me. Debug output is quite useless,
> because the printfs are not flushed and when everything freezes it
> lacks entries.
> Some more information: Kernel 2.6.38-8-generic, *multicore* as
> hyperthreaded, i686/x86 not 64bit. Audio "HDA Intel"/"Realtek ALC269".
> I run squeezebox server and squeezeslave on the same machine. IMHO it
> looks like thread 3 or thread 6 freeze everything, it seems to be an
> issue with stopping the playback... btw. i also tried the latest
> libportaudio from svn instead the one from squeezeslave.
>
> I hope we could figure out whats wrong....
> With best regard, Robinson.
I've seen this issue before, but it was related to the alsa hda kernel
driver.

A workaround was added to portaudio a while ago and is included in the
latest 1.1-253 release.

You must use the portaudio library from the squeezeslave svn as it
contains additional fixes that are not in pa trunk at the moment.

What svn revision are you compiling for your debug binary?

What makefile are you using?  Please post the modified version.

--
ralphy

Ralphy

*4*-Classics, *2*-Booms, *12*-Squeezeslaves
'Squeezeslave' (http://code.google.com/p/squeezeslave/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezeslave&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.