Mnyb;649468 Wrote:

> Btw the password protection in the local sbs server not much of a
> security system on the contrary it rather gives the false impression of
> protection.
> Just turn it off andf forget it( for example it not even ssl encrypted
> https , you dont see that padlock in the corner of the browser, no
> certificate nothing ) .

You did not understand SSL ;)

I agree the solution isn't really secure but SSL doesn't make any sense
in this context.
SSL is host-based so every user would have to get and install his or
her own certificate and I'm not even sure that would work over dyndns.

It's OK to keep neighbors from controlling your music, it will not help
against hackers but SSL would not be any help here either.

VPN tunneling helps.

bluegaspode;649586 Wrote:

> It's a shame it is called 'Security'. Port 3483 is not even password
> protected, even if one turns on "Security"

Why should port 3483 be password protected? It's only outbound anyway
except for UDP server discovery which - by principle - can't be
password protected.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote and
*New: iPeng for iPad*, at penguinlovesmusic.com