Thanks for the replies.  Did a couple of more tests this morning
(pressing the + or 1 button on the remote when adding power to the
SB3), but nothing happened and as there is not even red light coming
from the TOS port, I think either the PSU or the SB3 is dead.  Or it
could be the infamou wifi card problem.

Does the infamous wifi board problem stop the SB3 from booting up?
Note that I use Ethernet only anyway?  I think next step to ask on
Logitech board where I can go to test my SB3 (must be a shop somewhere
with one) by swappign the power cable.

If that does nothing, then time to open her up - nothing to lose (shame
the Slim Devices fixed repair fee deal is no longer...).

Cheers

--
chrisinparis