Soulkeeper;652385 Wrote:
> Yes, that's what I've heard.
>
> You might want to spend $40 on a multimeter. That way you can measure
> the voltage from the PSU while under load.
>
> Open the SB3, remove the WiFi card, and power the SB3 up. If it boots,
> it's the WiFi card, problem solved. If it doesn't boot, you can proceed
> to measure the voltage on the inside of the power intake.

Had that issue with the PSU for my slingbox; after 2 years it
semi-died.
All the light were on and things looked normal but it didn't work.
Tried resetting and everything.
Measuring the voltage of the PSU output (end of wire) it looked ok, but
when connected to slingbox the voltage dropped.
Found a replacement PSU and things are working again.

--
slate

Main: Receiver (Audiocom) -> Beresford Caiman+ (Gatorized) -> Carver
A-500x -> B&W 704
Office: Receiver -> Luxman L-210 -> Stax SR84 Pro/Superlux HD668B
Server: Zotac IONITX-A, 4 GB, 1 TB WD EADS, Win7 w. 7.6 (SQLite w. High
Mem)
Tied together by D-Link DIR-655 + DGS-1008D