Hi epoch1970 and thanks for the tip.  As I am not too technical please
bear with me.  Having istalled MusicIP i now have a desktop icon for
it.  I have therefore stopped SBS and opened MusicIP via the desktop
icon.  I have then restarted SBS.  Unfortunatelly I am still unable to
see or use musicIP as there is no reference to it against any albums or
tracks. (i did a rescan as well)

I have taken instructions from
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Integrating_MusicIP_with_SqueezeCenterThis
also refers to to a mip headless which I think allows it to run in the
background but the instructions lose me.  There is also a site
http://www.spicefly.com/squeezeboxmip.html which I think i need to
check but again as a music fan first some of the technical jargon makes
it difficult to follow.
I run SBS from a PC desktop running windows xp.  Also what do you mean
by "verify the MIP server responds on localhost:10002"

Cheers

--
paul44birch