flattermann;664219 Wrote:

> A folder is only treated as "album" if there are no subfolders.
> If there are subfolders, the touch-to-{play,add,...} action is disabled
> and a context menu will open with the available actions.
>
> One reason for this is that "Play other tracks" should also work for
> folders.
> But this does NOT work for folders with subfolders, because
> SqueezeCommander could start playing the whole folder, but is not able
> to jump to the selected track afterwards...

I found a wonderful workaround for my purposes: if I rename subfolders
with a "." before the name (unix style for hidden directories), the
directory is no more detected by squeezecommander (or by SBS?) and so
the play mode is activated. I think I will do that for all my cover
artwork subfolders.

I also noticed that play mode is not activated if a .CUE file is
present in the directory. Is this a wanted behaviour, maybe to avoid
playing the songs twice? Is it possible for squeezecommander to use
just CUE files as playlist, if present? I see that it's the behaviour
if I play the songs by long tapping the parent folder and then tapping
"play" in the contextual menu. It would be great if such a feature is
available also in play mode.

--
ciarpame