Well, I've just tried to use my long-standing, pre-existing installation of
"Multi-Library", which I was not aware of upgrading, and it's demanding the
licensing plug in. That appears to be retrospective charging, in that it
disables an existing service and then demands payment without notice, and would
therefore appear to be illegal under EU law.