I can do wake-on-lan, how, and if so, is there a way to add a shutdown
command as well?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of oreillymj
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 2:22 PM
To: discuss@lists.slimdevices.com
Subject: [slim] Re: Announce: Third-generation Squeezebox, SlimServer
6.2

This thread does seem to be becoming a bit of a moaners paradise.
Slim devices make the best product on the market from what I can see.
The SB3 does not change that.

I bought my SB2 in April and the product has been improved immeasurably
by the 2 software upgrades since.

Try asking Belkin or Philips to add Replaygain & Wake On Lan
functionality to the streaming media products and I can guess what sort
of reply you'll get.

Personally I can see how the SB2 form factor makes sense for certain
uses, but the cost of manufacturing 2 different cases & PCB's +
maintaining spares is probably not commercially viable.
Maybe Sean will GPL the case mould ;-)

I know I'll be buying an SB3 for my kitchen as soon as my credit card
recovers. Now did someone mention "iPod nano scratch of death syndrome"
;-)

--
oreillymj